What is Microsoft Visio? Version and feature comparisonyoana
Microsoft Visio is used for technical and logical diagrams. With this application, engineers can easily create flow charts, (office) plans, database models and other schematic documents and diagrams. Microsoft Visio is an extension of the Office suite. When you purchase Microsoft Visio, you can choose from several versions. Each version is available as either Standard or Professional. In this blog, we will discuss them in detail and explain the differences between Microsoft Visio and other applications.
Who uses Microsoft Visio?
With Microsoft Visio you can create professioanly looking diagrams whch is why the software is used in many and different fields. Diagrams are usually an integral part of any professional report, audit, presentation and strategy. Microsoft Visio is especially useful for:
- Business analysis – Visio comes handy when creating a new or improving an already existing business model. The flow charts can be used to illustrate work processes or project planning.
- Software engineering – data flow diagrams (DFDs) can offer a focused technical development, which involves more investigation before coding.
- Process & chemical engineering – process flow diagrams (PFD) are a flowcharts used in chemical engineering or process engineering that show the connections between important elements. The diagrams can be used to model, audit, analyse, or document a better working method.
Versions of Microsoft Visio
Microsoft Visio offers several editions of this program – 2021, 2019, 2016 and 2013. The main difference between the editions is that the new version is more advanced in functionality. In this sense, each new edition is similar to the previous one but is improved. You can also choose between the two versions Standard or Professional. Below you can learn more about their differences.
- Microsoft Visio Standard 2021 is the less comprehensive version of the two Visio licenses. It includes newer features, such as updated styles and templates.
- Microsoft Visio Professional 2021 is the more advanced version of the two. This Visio version provides improved support for team collaboration. It is now possible to work with multiple users on a single diagram in real time.
Key features of Microsoft Visio
- With Microsoft Visio, you can easily collaborate with your colleagues. This makes it even easier to share feedback and improve your work.
- Microsoft Visio offers a wide range of templates. For example, creating wireframe diagrams for mobile apps is now even easier, but Visio also supports current template trends such as 1.5 meters. When creating this template, the functionality of fill patterns and line patterns has also been added.
- With the Data Visualiser you can convert Micosoft Excel data to Visio diagrams
Choosing the right Microsoft Visio for you
At Lizenso you can find Microsoft Visio in the newest three editions Visio 2016, Visio 2019 and Visio 2021. The difference between them is mainly the fact that each newer edition has more advanced features. If you need the most updated version of Visio, then we advise you to consider the 2021 or the 2019 edition. When deciding between the two versions Standard and Professional, you need to consider whether you need wireframe diagrams and real time sharing. If so, then your version is Microsoft Visio Professional. If you do not need these two features, then your license is Microsoft Visio Standard.