Office LTSC vs Office 2021maxg
Office 2021 and Office LTSC are software licenses released by Microsoft. Generally, the two Office packages are the same. LTSC stands for Long Term Service Channel. LTSC indicates that Microsoft provides a longer support of this software. This extended support includes security updates, for example. Office LTSC is mostly intended for businesses and governments. This license is often preferred by companies that do not want to pay for the subscription alternative Microsoft 365. Further in this blog you can read more about the differences between Office LTSC vs Office 2021.
Release Date of Office 2021 and Office LTSC
Office 2021 was publicly release on 5 October 2021. The series came with its usual 5 packages:
- Office Home & Student
- Office Home & Business
- Office Standard
- Office Professional
- Office Professional Plus
You can buy all of these licenses at Lizenso. From the moment it got released, Office 2021 has a 5 year support, which lasts precisely until 13 October 2026. This end date is valid for both the standard and extended support. Office LTSC was released on 16 September 2021. This is Office series is best suited for commercial and government purposes.
Read more about the differences between Office 2021 Home & Student, Home & Business and Professional.
What is new in Office LTSC and Office 2021?
There have been multiple new functions released by Microsoft for Office 2021. A lot of the changes are visual:
- You can now use dark mode in Office applications such as Word.
- There is an XLOOKUP function in Excel.
- Overall improvements: on the usability, security, accessibility and performance.
- You can auto-save your documents, if you also have a OneDrive subscription.
- Find functions much quicker than before, with the search bar<>
- It is now possible to record your presentations in PowerPoint, even with your voice-over.
Office 2021 Price
Office 2021 is quite expensive in comparison to Office 2019. Eventhough, there are not many differences in the features and no major improvements. If the latest interface improvements are not the most important aspect for you, we advise you to take a look at Office 2019.
Read here how to buy cheap Office 2019 licenses.
Office 2021 vs Office LTSC vs Microsoft 365
Microsoft 365 is a subscription-based license while Office 2021 and Office LTSC are one-time purchase licenses. Both license types have their advantages and disadvantages. For example, Microsoft 365 can sometimes get major updates on applications out of the blue. This could slow down your workflow and in turn make you less productive. In the long run, you can also end up paying more for Microsoft 365 compared to Office perpetual license. Whether you need a subscription or an on-premsise license heavily depends on your needs and requirements.
- If you want to cut back on purchase costs, you should consider pre-owned Office 2019.
- Office 2021 is the best choice when you
- prefer a one-time purchase
- plan on using the software long term
- Microsoft 365 is the license for you if
- you prefer subscription-based software
- want to access your data from anywhere
- you find the latest updates important
Can I use Office LTSC and Office 2021 on Mac?
Yes, both licenses have versions that can be used on Mac. At Lizenso we offer a separate Office 2021 Standard for Maclicense. This means that the applications included in this package, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook and Publisher, are also useable on Mac. Are you unsure which license you need? Contact us and we will gladly assist you.
Buy cheap Office licenses
If you are looking to acquire cheap Office licenses, Lizenso is the right webshop for you. You can choose from both new and pre-owned Office licenses. Read more about the differences between Volume, Retail and OEM licenses here.